Director of Business Services at Northeast Ohio Hispanic Center for Economic Development
The Director of Business Services reports to the Executive Director. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing HBC’s direct services and outreach to small business owners and entrepreneurs, with particular emphasis on the Small Business Development Centerprogram.
Program Management Duties include:
- Oversee HBC’s small business development program
- Supervise business advisors, consultants, and/or interns, as applicable
- Complete programmatic and financial reports in a timely fashion
- Identify potential program development opportunities that are complimentary to the mission of HBC
- Ongoing communications and program updates to the Executive Director and HBC team
SBDC duties include:
- Manage SBDC center's budget and activities.
- Plan and coordinate programs and activities consistent with the goals and objectives of the center, overseeing all development, reporting and delivery on a center basis.
- Provide leadership to the center in developing and implementing a strategic plan consistent with the goals and strategies of the State program.
- Ensure timely and accurate data input for the local SBDC Management Information Systems
- Develop and submit budgets, and regularly mandated reports.
- Supervise maintenance of client control records and data.
- Attend regional and state meetings and conferences as required.
- Meet SBDC requirements for individual counseling hours and/or training hours
- Provide and facilitate free, in-depth individual business analysis and referral of clients to appropriate resources as required.
- Encourage and coordinate the strengthening of relations between the SBDC and other small-business support organizations and groups.
- Evaluate programs' effectiveness and measure the impact of services provided.
- Coordinate small business activities with local, state, and federal agencies
- Promote the SBDC Program and serve as advocate of small business, making written and oral presentations to communities and entities.
- Encourage businesses and businesspersons to provide volunteer consulting services and/or training.
- Develop and provide specific information, reports and/or special services as requested or required by the SBA/SBDC programs
Community Outreach Duties include:
- Identify minority-owned businesses through independent research as well as through strategic collaboration with other business-serving entities
- Meet with business owners and corporate representatives to promote HBC services and programs
- Ensure adequate participation to HBC programs, trainings, and events
- Develop & coordinate Small Business Mentorship program
- Collaborate with regional partners on outreach and promotional opportunities
- Coordinate development of outreach collateral
- Represent HBC at community events and small business outreach opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Public Administration or related field preferred, or a minimum of five years of experience in business ownership and operations, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acceptable.
- Extensive knowledge of business management, fiscal planning and accountability, employee training and development, strategic planning, office management and other support functions.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated success in a leadership role, including the management of staff and/or contractors
- Demonstrated experience in marketing and/or sales
- Supervise personnel with diverse skill/experience levels.
- Strong analytical abilities, written and oral communication skills, including public speaking and presentations
- Commitment to complete Certified Business Advisor (CBA) certification within designated period
- Must provide own transportation and be able to travel to meetings around the state of Ohio.
- Fluent in Spanish (i.e. speaking, reading and writing)
- Demonstrated involvement with the Hispanic community
- Demonstrated success with grant writing
- Masters Degree
Compensation: Commensurate with skills and experience.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, or via US Mail to:
Hispanic Business Center
2511 Clark Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44109
HBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap or veteran status. Additionally, it is the policy of HBC to maintain a work environment free from discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, marital status or other status protected by federal or state law, with regard to any term or condition of employment.