NALCAB -The National Association for Latino Community Asset Builders represents and serves a geographically and ethnically diverse group of nonprofit community development and asset building organizations that are anchor institutions in our nation's Latino communities.
NALCAB members are experts in implementing responsible, market-based strategies for creating jobs, developing neighborhood assets and building family wealth. They include affordable housing developers, microlenders, economic development corporations and consumer counseling agencies.
Our members are delivering culturally relevant programs that serve predominately Latino, urban and rural communities that were harmed in the recession. NALCAB member organizations provide low and moderate income working families across America with the tools and services to increase their financial literacy, to find jobs, to secure mortgages, and support to start their own businesses (microenterprises).
NALCAB's mission is to build financial and real estate assets as well as human and technology resources in Latino families, communities and organizations. NALCAB achieves this mission by supporting the work of its members. Specifically, NALCAB seeks to add value for its members by achieving the following core goals:
- Increase access to grants and investment capital;
- Open access to technical assistance resources and research that allows members to more effectively utilize their resources;
- Strengthen peer networks among Latino asset building practitioners and develop Latino leaders in the asset building fields;
- Challenge private foundations and Congress to invest more robustly and equitably in Latino communities through Latino-led asset building organizations;
- Develop a strategic national voice for Latino communities on community development and asset building policy