NALCAB Congratulates CDFI Program Awardees
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 22, 2017
SAN ANTONIO, TX —The National Association for Latino Community Asset Builders would like to congratulate its members and Latino serving organizations awarded the 2017 Community Development Financial Institutions Program (CDFI).
NALCAB pursues its mission of assisting Latino families, communities and organizations build assets by supporting its members with grants and other investments as well as by providing technical assistance in three program areas: equitable neighborhood development, small business investment and family financial capability.
The CDFI Fund awarded $171.1 million in financial and technical assistance to 265 organizations in 46 states and the District of Columbia. Ten of NALCAB’s members were selected to receive a total of $7,302,157 in funds, which will enable them to increase lending and investment activity in their communities.
Congratulations to the following NALCAB members:
• Rural Community Assistance Corporation, West Sacramento, CA — $1,006,905
• FINANTA, Philadelphia, PA — $916,905
• Latino Community Credit Union, Durham, NC — $916,905
• LiftFund, San Antonio, TX — $916,905
• Mountain Star Federal Credit Union, El Paso, TX — $916,905
• PeopleFund, Austin TX — $796,500
• District Government Employees Federal Credit Union, Washington, DC — $776,500
• Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC), Washington, DC — $580,405
• ASSETS Lancaster, PA —$350,000
• San Antonio for Growth on the Eastside, San Antonio, TX — $124,227
Since its creation in 1994, the CDFI Fund has awarded more than $2.5 billion to CDFIs, community development organizations, and financial institutions through the Community Development Financial Institutions Program, the Native American CDFI Assistance Program, and the Bank Enterprise Award Program.
To learn more about the CDFI Fund and its programs, please visit the CDFI Fund’s website at www.cdfifund.gov.